INFO: Auction, P/T Conferences, Valentine's in the class
Kindergarten Parent Evening, last Wednesday, Jan. 31st
We had a wonderful Kindergarten Parent Evening, last Wednesday with Ms. Covert, our Eurythmist, and Ms. MJ Smith, our Learning Specialist, leading through movements and discussing this important topic of Movement for Young Children. I have a few handouts for those that missed the meeting. Please ask me at drop off or email me if you would like copies.
We also started talking about the Auction project, and you should have received an email from Renee Kazanecki about our project and the next Auction Social Date, Saturday, February 10th, from 1-3pm in our classroom.
Here is the link to sign up for an Auction task:
Parent/Teacher Conferences & childcare
Thank you for all those that have signed up or that have spoken with me about a different time. There are a few spots left on Friday, if you haven't signed up already. Below is the link:
link to sign up http://signup.com/go/KuKPTwm
If you need childcare during the conference, a note from Ms. Gabriela, our Afternoon Kindergarten teacher:
Parent-teacher conferences are coming up on Wednesday, and Thursday, February 14th and 15th from 2 PM to 6 PM and Friday, Feb. 16th from 8 AM to 4 PM. The school provides conference care for your child during those times. There is no need to sign up your kindergarten child, space and staff are provided for the duration of your conference, but please allow time to settle your child before your conference begins. You can send a snack with your child if you want to, but please avoid nuts. Thank you.
There are two scenarios for the conference care:
• Wednesday and Thursday from 2 PM: please, bring your child to Ms. Gabriela's afternoon kindergarten. There will be signs on the door for where to enter because one of the rooms will be used for PT conferences. Both days the care ends promptly at 6 PM.
• Friday, Feb. 16th: please, bring your child to either Hazelwood Hall or on the Upper playground of the Main school campus. The conference care ends promptly at 4 PM.
There will be a charge of $3 per minute if your child will stay longer than the times provided. Thank you for your understanding and making this process as smooth as possible.
We will have a little Valentine's Day celebration, on Wednesday, February the 14th. We are making Valentine's pouches in the classroom. It would be fun for each child to have a simple, handmade Valentine for all of their friends (17 children in total).
If you would like to send in simple handmade Valentine's for your child to pass out that day, please keep in mind a few things:
• Only sign them From: your child's name. It makes it so much easier to pass out, if they are not labeled with each individual child's name.
• Please keep them all the same.
• Please no candy or media characters.
Thank you for helping to make this day special for your child.