Enrollment is underway for our Spring 2016 Morning Garden program.
Morning Garden is a special gathering where young children and their parents, guided by a Waldorf teacher, enjoy a rhythmic morning of songs, movement, handwork, snack, and conversation. Parents learn from each other, sharing life experiences and insights, while modeling for the children the joy of meaningful activity. The Morning Garden program is an opportunity to slow down, enjoy our children and each other, and bring a precious moment of peace into our lives.
Approximately eight families participate for one morning each week. Children will benefit most from this program if they are 1 1/2 years (and walking) to 3 1/2 years.
Morning Garden activities include:
Enrollment is underway for our Summer 2016 Morning Garden program.
- As the children arrive, they are greeted by the teacher in the play yard.
- Outdoor play is an important aspect of the morning as children experience freedom through movement.
- Circle time, lasting about ten minutes, is a special part of the morning. During this time, seasonal songs, nursery rhymes, and verses are brought to life through movement.
- Families are invited to share in the preparation of a snack and table setting.
- Adults engage in and model the art of conversation and social graces during snack time.
- Play is the work of the young child; during free play, a true imaginative faculty begins to develop as children learn about sharing, taking risks, role modeling, and resolving conflict.
- Parents engage in purposeful work (doing simple crafts and projects) while keeping a loving eye on the children's play. This is also a time for parents to share ideas and experiences about child development and education, facilitated by weekly articles and excerpts from Beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
- The teacher presents a short story, bringing to life objects from nature according to one's imagination.
- Morning Garden ends with a goodbye song.
Applications currently being accepted for the following session:
Inman Park - Inman Park United Methodist Church at 1015 Edgewood Avenue, NE, Atlanta 30307
July 5 - 20, 2016
- 3 week session on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (2 days/week)
- Specific dates: July 5, 6, 12, 13, 19 and 20
- Classes meet from 9:15 to 11:30am
- Cost is $130 for the session
Questions or more information? Contact Stacey Alston at (404) 377-1315 x1060.